Gone those days, when women were considered as no match for powerful men in this world. Most of the woman have shown to the world that they are good as men on every parameters of hard work, intelligence quotient (IQ), leadership qualities and entrepreneurship. When I look through various social media platform, I see lot of female entrepreneurs inspiring us to succeed in your own business. These days, more than ever, lots of women are grabbing the wheel and embracing entrepreneurship and have become a powerful force in the market place.
However, this is also realistic that when a female start their own business sometimes find that friends and family view their work as a hobby or side project rather than a serious business venture. Complicated family culture, family pressure, social norms, trouble in accessing funds etc., are some myths which prevents Female entrepreneurs from exploring, starting, growing or scaling a business. But despite all of their differences, Female entrepreneurship is on the rise around the world.
Here are some women entrepreneurs inspiring stories which surely leave you feeling fired up.
1. Anu Sridharan, Founder and CEO of NextDrop, a social enterprise that deals with the problem of water supply in urban areas. Launched in 2011, NextDrop keeps the residents informed about the timely water supply and also provides for better management of water supply in order to save it. Anu has also been selected to the Forbes “30 Social Entrepreneurs Under 30” list.
2. Ankita Jain, 25-year-old co-founder of GoPaisa.com, India’s highest-paying cashback and coupon site. Gopaisa enables registered users to avail cashback or a cash rewards on their purchases from various e-commerce websites. This platform also provides discount codes and coupons for various online retailers. The first two years after starting up was really tough, more so with Ankita being only 23 years old at the time. “People did not take her seriously. So she worked really hard and got the numbers, and it is these figures that speak for themselves.
3. Swati Bhargava, born and brought up in Ambala, a small town near the Indian capital, is the co-founder of cashkaro.com, the largest & fastest growing cashback & coupons site in the country. An alumnus of London School of Economics with Honors in Mathematics & Economics, Swati has also been an investment banker at Goldman Sachs for 5 years. But the calling of her dreams was so loud, that she dropped her job to pave her path to becoming one of the most successful women in India.
4. Suchi Mukherjee, is the founder and CEO of limeroad.com, an e-commerce platform for women having 600+ vendors and a high growth rate. Her vision is “to reach out to every single woman in the country and convert her into a LimeRoad user.
5. Nishka Mehta, 23-year-old female, founder of artbeatpaintings.com, started off as way to beat boredom during some free holiday time turned her passion for painting into an entrepreneurial venture named Art Beat, one of Bangalore’s most creative e-commerce art studios. This young artist started off in 2013 while still pursuing her Bachelor of Business Management from Christ University. She believed that she was she was doing something that she loved and nothing else mattered.
6. Saumya Vardhan, Ex-KPMG consultant quit her job to start Shubhpuja, an online portal for performing pujas and other rituals for various occasions. Started in December 2013, it has already become a success by providing services to over a hundred customers and aims to touch other heights of spirituality.
7. Masoom Minawala: Right after school when most of us are deciding what college to go to, Masoom already started building her dream. Grown up as a tomboy, she discovered her love for fashion while interning with a cousin who was a fashion designer and she never looked back. She started a fashion blog which eventually turned into a business while her father asked her to get some education qualification. She just turned 23 and she is the CEO of Style Fiesta which makes her one of the youngest entrepreneurs in India
JeevikaMI is really thankful to all these ladies who regularly inspire us through their work and are changing millions of lives on a daily basis.
If you have any inspirational articles, student success story, entrepreneurs story, kindly share with us at JeevikaMI.
2,373 total views, 2 views today