BE A WINNER OR TIPS TO BE A WINNER
Since last five years I had been thinking of meeting Mr. Shiv Khera and here it is my law of attraction worked, I got an opportunity to meet Shiv Khera in a seminar organized by Institute of Company Secretaries of India (“ICSI”) at New Delhi. It was really a meaningful seminar for inspiring us to get our self motivated. I thought to share some useful glimpse of the inspirational thought as shared by Shiv Khera during his speech. The theme of the seminar was Be a Winner.
- Winners do not do different things. They do things differently. Winners see the gain, losers see the pain.
Skills vs. Will:
The best thing about the approach of Mr. Shiv Khera is “Most people fail not because of lack of skill, ability or intelligence but because of lack of willing, desire and discipline. It was will power more than skill that contributes to one’s success. So if you want to achieve something your will power should be strong.
- People Skills: In almost all jobs, your people skills known as soft skills, have as much of an impact on your success as your technical skills. If people skill is lacking, they cannot taste success. We can relate it to the public speaking skills. Good leader will always having good public speaking skills. Higher the authority or hierarchy in any organization more efficient public speaking would be there in compare to technical skills. People skills can be a great self-esteem booster.
- Good Team Leader and Bad Team leader: Good leaders actively guide, bad leaders actively misguide. The important question to ask here is who picks his advisers? It’s always the leader. We get advisers in life not the kind of people we want but the kind of people we are. A crooked Entrepreneur will have a crooked Attorney and a crooked accountant as advisers. An honest entrepreneur will have an honest Attorney and an honest accountant as adviser. We get friends of the kind of people we are but not the kind of people we want.
- The lack of a degree is actually an advantage. If you are an engineer or a doctor, there is only one job you can do. But if you don’t have a degree, you can do anything.
Below Story from Acres of Diamonds written by Russell H. Conwell is often quoted today by all ‘mindset’ gurus, even by Mr. Shiv Khera in his book ‘YOU CAN WIN’.
Acres of Diamonds
*Ali Hafed, an ancient Persian, was a farmer in Africa. Ali Hafed owned a very large farm, that he had orchards, grain fields, and gardens; that he had money at interest, and was a wealthy and contented man. He was happy because he was content. He was content because he was happy.One day a wise man came to him and told him about the glory of diamonds and the power that goes along with them.
The old priest told Ali Hafed that if he had one diamond the size of his thumb he could purchase the county, and if he had a mine of diamonds he could place his children upon thrones through the influence of their great wealth. And then the wise man left. That night, Ali Hafed couldn’t sleep, at that night a poor man went to the bed. He was unhappy and discontented. He was unhappy because he was discontented and discontented because he was unhappy.
The next morning Ali Hafed sold his farm, collected his money, left his family and chidren incharge of a neighbour, and went in search of diamonds. He looked all over Africa and couldn’t find any. At last when his money was all spent, he was emotionally, physically, and financially depleted. He was so disheartened that he committed suicide by throwing himself into the River.
Back home, the person who had bought his farm was watering the camels at the stream that ran through the property. That afternoon, the wise man came and saw the stone sparkling in living room of new farmer. He asked, “Is Ali Hafed Back?” The new owner said,’ No, why do you ask?” the wise man said,” Because that is a diamond. I recognize one when I see one.” The man said,” No, that’s just a stone I picked up from the stream. Come I’ll show samples and sent them for analysis. Sure enough, the stones were diamonds. They found that the farm was indeed covered with acres of diamonds.
Moral of the Story:
- Had Ali Hafed remained at home and dug in his own garden, instead of discontent, starvation, and death by suicide in a strange land, he would have had `acres of diamonds.
- We don’t need to look elsewhere for opportunity —the resources to achieve all good things are present in our own community. Anyone can create wealth if we try hard enough, and our own “Acre of Diamonds” is well within our grasp.
- When our attitude is right, we realize that we are all walking on acres and acres of diamonds. Opportunity is always under our feet. No need to go anywhere. All we need to do is recognize it.
So If you want to be a winner……. Recognize the opportunity under your feet, Become a Good Leader, work on your people skill, Recognize your Willingness towards achievement and at last forget the pain and see the gain.
Happiness is the experience of living every moment with love and gratitude.
The gift of life is not a treasure hunt, the treasure is within you.
*Note: The story mentioned here is not a copyrighted of Mr. Shiv Khera , he has himself taken this from Acres of Diamond written by Russell H. Conwell.
4,019 total views, 1 views today